Getting into a scammers bitcoin wallet and donating it to charity

So if you look at the screenshot this was a couple of years ago when I was heavy in the scambaiting scene. The story was about a scammer almost getting a hold of my mothers giftcards. She was in the middle of being scammed from another scammer pretending to be her friend and saying she needed help for a birthday party and asked if she didn’t mind going to the store and getting giftcards for the kids. I overheard what was going on when she came back from the store and told my mother to stop immediately and call her friend. Sure enough she found out it wasn’t actually her friend lol.

She was about $500 in the hole with these giftcards so I told her to post it on a classified ads site (like craigslist) to sell it to get some money back. Next day she comes running into my room asking me to help her scratch the codes for the cards because she found a buyer. Of course my eyebrows are raised and asked her if they sent the money. She said “yes I have the email of the interact e-transfer”. She showed me the email and it looked professional and perfect. (for those that don’t know e-transfer is a way to send money by email from you bank account in canada). I told my mom to stop in her tracks and to LOGIN her bank to see if she actually got the money. Sure enough, she didn’t.

I ended up taking over the conversation and sent the scammer a RAT (remote access trojan). The RAT was disguised as a picture of the Google Play giftcards with scratched off codes. The scammer opened it and voila I had access to his PC, files, and passwords.

I was watching him for awhile and he was in the middle of logging in his crypto exchange account so I opened up my keylogger (a feature within my RAT) and captured his password. When he logged in he had about $670 worth of bitcoin. I fired up the VM with a VPN, logged in and donated the entire balance to givecyrpto.com.

I hope no-ones friends or loved ones has to go through scams such a these. It can really ruin peoples lives. Hope ya’ll are happy and healthy, wish you massive success in life o/

2 Likes

Not to pry too much, but how can you get a scammer to install a RAT without Windows Defender complaining?

1 Like

luck of the draw, he was using windows vista/7. most of them actually have defender turned off too.

I was actually streaming this live on my IRL facebook account but ended up deleting the VOD X_X.