How to report new scamming/ new scamming topic?

Hi there,

I saw your youtube videos about the lovely scamming center in india and are now glad I did. In seeking a new flat I stumbled upon a new scamming topic: Flats. People here in Germany, Cologne are desperate to find a flat, because the prices went up drastically and as you guessed: The Scammers get it and are using this Desperation for sucking your money!

So, where could I report them and send you all files, etc.? This needs to be beheaded, the nost unfair in this is that I as a german know that there are laws and I know a lot of laws about renting, but in the shared google fotos were almost only Non-German Names and Faces. So the unfair thing is: They are scamming money from people who are more desperate than germans in finding flats and often because of refugee status got not a lot of money. This is so mean! And they are foreigner too! But well with your videos I learned the scammers don’t care for nothing and noone, only sucking your money.

To report this is the only reason I assigned here, because I’m not assigned to any social media and they won’t let you write a message without. But I could’t find a topic like “whistleblowing” “report” “getusthatassholes”, you know, something like this :wink:

Yours
Anna

3 Likes

Not just Germany. This is a common scam in the US as well. People will go to rental websites claiming to own rental property and market to people (usually moving from out of state) who will put down the deposit before seeing the property. They don’t realize they’ve been scammed until they show up to get the keys.

3 Likes

Right, in Craigslist, FaceBook Market place. Noticed Nigerians and Pakistani scammers do this scam.

1 Like

@Anna Hallo und herzlich willkommen auf der Seite Anna. Ich bin selbst teilweise Deutscher und habe einige Jahre sowohl in Stuttgart als auch in Hamburg gearbeitet.

This is what I wrote, hopefully I didn’t slaughter the German too bad as I don’t use it very often:

Hello and welcome to the site Anna. I’m part German myself and spent a few years working in both Stuttgart and Hamburg.