Hp printer scammer

When you google hp printer driver you will find this page they disguise themselves as HP printer support, a popup would show up on the bottom left hand of your screen, they will act like they cant help over the message and give a number to dial ( i went on with 3 different VM’s and got 3 different numbers) they will then try to connect to your computer. Once they connected they try to get you to pay for service. I got one of the scammers by saying i really have to poop and ill be back in 5-10 thats when the scammer started looking throu pc and found a folder titled important info, when the scammer opened that folder he saw a virus discussed as a notepad document titled log-ins and passwords. I then saw the scammer bring copy file into his own pc and open it then the fun began, the virus is a malware that makes it look the the FBI has seized control of his pc. I wasn’t able to get a reaction and he never answered my call again but he was quick to shut down his pc and no matter how many times he turns off his computer he will always get that pop up

Hello and welcome to the forum! Next time please make sure you post in the right category as this post does not belong in the tutorials category, I have moved this post for you. :+1:

sorry about that and thank you

1 Like