Job employment scam

Hi, recently i received a mail from a student of my former school saying her uncle is looking for a dog sitter for $300 a week silly me thinking wow this must be true because it’s from my school email literally no one outside of my previous professors or school officials knows about. Anyway i email the guy and he tells me that i got the job, cool then he tells me that he’ll send a check (never disclosed the price) plus some extra to buy FOOD STUFF for his house, i said ok. Give him just my address and phone number next thing you know te check gets here and it’s for $4,285 or something like that from “Bank of George” literally a non existent bank so i text him that the amount is way too high for no reason then he tells me he said it was to pay for his rent too and he told me in the email(biggest lie). This is where I need your help here at TSU need you guys to blow these people the hell up here is the contact info they used.
Phone number-+1(772) 242-5811
Email- [email protected] [email protected]

1 Like

We recently received that same exact email form this guy. What happened did the check end up going through we are so confused he just sent us a legit tracking number that “the check is on its way” :thinking::thinking:

This same guy took my best friend for $4800. He used a very similar technique and hacked a teacher’s email and sent the bait email to all the staff in my district. I forwarded the email to my bestie not even thinking it could be a scam. He uses [email protected] to receive emails to bait people as well as the phone number 1-772-242-5811.