Moderators for verifying numbers

I understand you haven’t yet decided on what to do regarding moderation however, from my experience, numbers should be periodically checked and verified.

Numbers can go down at anytime and it’s important to be able to determine between a number that’s temporarily turned off, and one which has been disconnected by the carrier.

Since not everyone knows how to tell the difference, I feel a good staff that can verify numbers can help ensure only scammer numbers are listed here and legit and disconnected numbers are removed is needed.

I’m speaking as a former moderator of a known scambaiting platform that did this regularly.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still working on getting staff members. ATM all lower-level accounts go through a review queue so almost every post on here has been manually verified by me. For dead numbers and such you can report posts as they come as seen here: What to do with dead numbers!. Proactively going and looking for dead numbers would be a big undertaking for a team that would just be volunteers as this forum doesn’t have much of a monetary income and never will haha, we would have to be way bigger of a site for that. I move numbers to the dead as I come across them but I hope that I can get a good team together and make all these issues basically non-issues haha.

3 Likes

Soon I will have some sort of application process but it’s just taking a bit as the site has only been up for barely 2 weeks now haha.

3 Likes

ill be on the lookout bro

1 Like

I’ll say it’s difficult to find good staff however, I’m confident with some time, this forum can grow well.

1 Like

Hey, I just got an Idea for that!
Why don’t we just make a list on which everyone can add numbers and can suggest to change the status of a number to staff member wich will check them. So its easier to see all currently active numbers and report if sth is wrong.

I don’t really understand this post. Making a list everyone adds too would effectively cancel out the forum and be very unorganized and not google SEO friendly which is how many scam victims find out that the number that called them is a scammer when they look it up. Suggesting someone change the status of the number is just a different way of reporting dead numbers for review by moderators.

3 Likes

You were kinda right with that. Anyways this was just a quick thought…