Need Help! Facebook ghost account

Scammer number: N/A
Scammer’s social media page: AHRP Program Organization Funds (Closer)

Any other scammer information:

I am truly in need of some help here. I have tried everything I could, and I just can’t crack this problem.

A few nights ago, I received a message from my cousin, despite the fact we haven’t spoken in years. I engaged her in conversation and it quickly turned out that her actual account had gotten hacked, and was being used by an opener for a government benefits scam. I tracked down her number and called her to try to let her know and try to help her get her account back, but whatever those guys did, Facebook doesn’t even recognize it as an active account anymore! I tried resetting the password, and the message popped up saying the email was sent, but never received, which tells me they probably changed the email address. I also tried going through facebook.com/hacked to report it, but after trying to look it up through her email, her mobile number, and even her name and DOB, the account just does not show up! I even went into the messages and reporting the conversation, but I have reported it 3 times in 2 days, yet the account is still up, and I even got a message from Facebook saying the request was denied on the first one! As usual, Facebook is no help whatsoever, I can’t even find a good way to contact support, just redirects to their help center. It is awfully strange that Facebook can act like the account doesn’t exist, but I am looking right at it while baiting the scammers! My cousin also had her business account linked to that account, and we can’t figure out how to unlink it with her being the only admin.

The opener directed me to a Facebook page called AHRP Program Organization Funds, which has a picture of the former U.S. Secretary of Labor as the profile picture. I messaged him from a fake account and ran through the scam with fake info. They are claiming to be a non-profit government entity distributing money to help people. They take your information, including asking for a photo ID, Once “approved”, he asks you how much you want, and lets you choose between $10k and $2.5M. He then takes how much you want and tells you that you need to pay fees for it, ranging from $100 for 10k and $250k for the highest number. I chose $30k and he wanted to charge me $300 which he wanted in Apple Gift Cards. When he finally figured me out, all he could do is tell me I was stupid for wasting his time, then immediately blocked me. If you wanna have a turn, his link is above but I would really appreciate as much help with the other thing as I can get.

IDK if this will help, but you can see what apps and external services that your google account is attached to. Everything from facebook, to obscure services that you forgot about ages ago.

Look through the list and see if the email is still associated with the service you are looking for.

For example, if you are looking to see if that email is still attached to your cousin’s facebook, have them look in that list for any access Facebook may have. If they don’t find Facebook listed, the email on the Facebook account has likely been changed. If that is the case it will become much more difficult to recover :frowning:

See screenshot for an example.

I left a negative review on his page. It doesn’t do much, but the scammers hate it because they can’t really delete it and victims may see it when they check out the page. He will block you if you do it, so don’t if you want to keep tabs on him.

Thanks for the help!

I will definitely try your suggestion, and I will leave a negative review, too. If I can. He already has my fake account blocked, but I can still see his page through it. He just has me blocked on the chat.

1 Like

Thanks! I will check that out and see what I can find!

I have put a negative view on this as well, and shared to the rest of my people to be aware of this fake group.

1 Like