Need some help here with TextNow install from MS Store

Hey
I try to (re)install TextNow but the Microsoft Store doesn’t let me. That is, I see the pop-up and as soon as I want to click install, the install option disappears.
First I thought it could be due to my country, I’m in The Netherlands Europe, so I redirected my VPN to the US. No success. Then I run the Microsoft Diagnostic Tool which found no problems and I did a reset on Microsoft Store. Also without the expected results.

Has anyone else in this community experienced similar problems, and if so, what was the solution?

Or has anyone suggestions for an appropriate alternative? I see some online, but I feel it’s better asking around for user experiences.

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Here is an non-MS Store download. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Thank you so much for your reply. I found the Softonic link this morning (perhaps I should have mentioned it) but unfortunately it redirects to Microsoft Store. Consequently, I cannot install Textnow.
Cheers
Peter

OK I don’t know if this will work, but I downloaded it and pulled it out of the WindowsApps folder, zipped it. Not sure if the App is digitally signed to me. Worth a shot.

Enflick.TextNow-UnlimitedTextCalls_23.21.0.0_x64.zip

Any reason to not use the web site version?

I did want to use the web site version but I feel really stupid right now, for one or another reason clicking Windows under downloads on

brings me to the Microsoft store. I haven’t had that before, it puzzels me.

I’m going to start my Ubuntu VM and see if I can fool the MS-system from there.
2BContinued.

Hi Roadrasjd,
Yep it asks for a password.
Cheers

You don’t need to download anything to use the web version. Just sign up for a number with a burner email, an Amazon account (I use some Amazon burner accounts) or a FB account. I have 11 numbers with them using the above methods.

Aha, got it. I’m going to look for it.
Thanks!
Cheers