Paypal and "Dynamic Recovery Systems" Debt Collector Scam

Scammer number: 1-888-991-5696

Any other scammer information:

Received text messages stating I owe $1700 to Paypal and “Dynamic Recovery Solutions” even though I haven’t touched my Paypal in over a decade.

A quick google search yields concerning reviews for “DRS”, and a follow up call with Paypal confirmed that the debt was false and these were indeed scammers.

Scammers frequently send a link that I am too smart to touch, but today they made the mistake of sending a phone number. When confronted the scammer pointed out that there was “no factual evidence” that they were a scammer.

I received the same text about an hour ago, I’ve spent the last hour blowing up their phone lines, I was told I owed windstream and when I made it very clear I do not, they turned around and claimed I owed 1206.00 for a medical account. I’m super annoyed at the moment at the audacity of these people, but if I have managed to keep someone else from making the mistake of calling and paying them then I’m happy with that, they need to be shut down somehow so they can’t scam elderly people.

Debt collectors are like bounty hunters of the finance world.

They are all scummy and probably don’t care too much if they got the right person.

Somebody might have used your number, maybe by mistake or it belonged to them at the time.

All you have to do is ignore them. Their main weapon is to harass.