Previous victim of scammer - I'm fighting back now

Hello all,

I was a victim of the Microsoft scam several years ago. I was very naive and have always been very clumsy when it comes to technology. They took advantage of that and took me for some $$$. Since then I’ve been watching videos and doing research and I’ve learned a ton from this. They still call me with other scams like the federal grant scam, the IRS scam, the refund scam, and a few others and I shoot them down every time but not before wasting some of their time. I wish I was a computer whiz like some of the people these videos who destroy these scammers computers or waste hours of their time. Anyways moving forward I will post phone #'s here of scammers and let the more experienced people on here destroy them.

• Cyber-Dragon -
4 Likes

Using computers to waste scammers time isn’t as hard as you’d think. I do cyber security for a living and I love teaching tech, feel free to pm me if you need help setting up a vm or anything else. sorry to hear about your hard earned money, at least you know the importance of what we do here. Welcome to TSU!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your response. I learned the hard way but I’ll never be a victim again thanks to what I have learned. I’m going to keep watching videos and doing the research on this. Hopefully I can use what I garner to help others who have been or are trying to be victimized.

4 Likes