remote desktop software list?

So part of my security setup allows me to blacklist software based on digital signature.

I’ve got the signatures from the setup files of

team viewer, ultra viewer, anydesk, supremo control. I need to find a setup file for connectwise too. Are there any others?

There are quite a few. Someone said there are at least 80. But you have the big ones on your list. The only one I have seen scammers use that you don’t have is Awesun.

Isn’t there another one called quickassist that they almost never use?

luckily this piece of software I use as part of my security setup also allows me to remove most of the signatures from the vendor list and also allows me to have it not do any cloud lookups.

If it’s not made by something I already use, it doesn’t get to run at all.

I have never seen QuickAssist; but if it exists, they probably will use it. I know they use a lot of different names for sites that all end up being ConnectWise.

Quick assist is a Remote Desktop application built into newer versions of windows, it’s usually used with Pop-up scammers as it looks more official since the application doesn’t have to be downloaded from a 3rd party.

1 Like

Quick assist is what I use to help people at my other location so I don’t have to drive nine miles to fix a printer issue. It is handy.

Remote software is a genuinely useful tool, which is why scammers use it maliciously