Scam "We need to verify your information for this loan." (844) 986-8288

Scammer number: (844) 986-8288

Any other scammer information: I’ve been getting these robocalls for months. The numbers coming in change every time, the callback number less frequently, and the gist of the grift is the same. I always send them to voicemail, and the robot talks through my voicemail message. Today it left this number, then said “If you’d rather not receive these calls, please press 7.”

Yes, I am on the Do Not Call registry.

5 Likes

I just got the same voice! They changed the number to (866)878-0932.

Update: As of 00:45 UTC time, they’re leaving the same number. I’ll update when I get a call with a new number.

1 Like

UTC 16:14, new message. Same voice.

They’re definitely not listening to my voicemail, which explicitly states “If you’re a solicitor or robot, I’ll give your number to scam baiters.” She’s starting to sound frustrated having to re-record this message, haha!

New number: (833)727-8338

1 Like

They changed the voice. Twice. Same script.

First it was a man leaving the number 888-919-5698

Then it was a new woman saying “we’re down to just a couple of quick checks” leaving the number 855-768-7475

1 Like

The second woman again, 866-878-0828

Edit: I find it amusing how often these fools are changing their number. Is it cuz of us? I don’t know. I like to think so.

1 Like

Wants my full SSN, a scam.

1 Like

Man still answering on 888-919-5698 and 866-878-0828

Same robotic greeting… “we’ve matched your call to your offer. A loan specialist will be with you shortly…”

4 Likes

And another just now, new recording (UTC 6:30 PM).

Still saying they’ll be closed for Memorial Day (do timezones affect dates? lol)

Number: 855-768-5234

2 Likes

Just got a new one. They updated the message to say they’re closed Monday for Memorial Day. Never mind Memorial Day was May 25th and Monday is actually Labor Day. Gee, maybe they’re not from the U.S.

New number: 866-878-0389

2 Likes

UTC 01:03

Got a man this time, sounds like an eager intern fresh out of high school. Long-winded too, didn’t get to the point until after my voicemail finished gabbing. Says there’s a loan for me that’s been reviewed and is just about approved, $63,000 on a 60 month term with no origination fee. All they need are a couple “quick details” and I could get the funds as early as this week (today’s Thursday, so… tomorrow?).

I’m seeing a pattern. I’ll probably get another tomorrow.

Latest number: 855-909-0792

3 Likes

They sound very pissed about something this is there latest phone number +1855 909 0792 they have a lot of scammers working there! Have Fun!

4 Likes

UTC 01:12

Same intern. Sounds exactly the same except for the number.

844-509-2828

Edit: if any lovely baiters out there feel like answering, what company are they claiming to be? They obviously say so at the beginning while my voicemail is talking, so it never gets recorded. Has anyone figured out their location, claimed or otherwise? I’d like to know for when I report these numbers to BBB and such. Thank you all for what you do!

1 Like

UTC 22:38

Lady again. Short and sweet. Sounds tired. I’m not going to bother figuring out if it’s a new voice or one of the older ones. They want to send me the contract so I can sign it, but I gotta call them first.

Latest number: 855-909-0925

1 Like

Man, seems like you get quite a lot of calls from these guys lol

3 Likes

Yup, they go back as far as July, back when my voicemail was so long all it recorded was “–stop future calls, press 9.”

I must thank you, Revolts. Because of this forum, I now cackle with glee every time they leave me a voicemail.

1 Like

UTC 22:38

Lady again. Short and sweet. Sounds tired. I’m not going to bother figuring out if it’s a new voice or one of the older ones. They want to send me the contract so I can sign it, but I gotta call them first.

Latest number: 855-909-0925

UTC 23:40

Ok, now I think they might be using AI-generated voices. The phone number they left had weird pauses. Either the connection glitched or she did.

Sounds like 83-35-883824

833-588-3824?

1 Like

Had a few busy days, so I need to catch up.

Sept 12, UTC 18:50

Shorter message, number got cut off. Odd cadence.

Number: ???58-0-0295

Sept 16, UTC 00:30

Woman. Sounds tired, with long pauses between phrases. “I’ll be available until 6pm today.”

Number: 855-909-0802

Sept 16, UTC 23:27

Male intern. “This is our last chance to wrap things up.” They added an erroneous “uh” in the phone number.

Number: 844-487-4715

Sept 17, UTC 20:16

Woman. “If you changed your mind, that’s fine, your request can be withdrawn and you can always reapply later.” Sounded rushed through the phone number and her inflection made it sound like she wasn’t quite done talking at the end. The suspense is killing me!

Number: 866-878-2488

1 Like

They call every day, same BS
Hi, this is Sam with lending review unit. I wanted to reach out before the end of the week. I see notes that one of my colleagues tried contacting you last week, but we weren’t able to connect.
So, I’m following up for last time. Your personal loan is nearly approved and set for sixty three thousand dollars on a 60-month term with no origination fee, but before sending out the contract, we need to talk to you.
If you’re available now, press two to connect with the underwriting, or if it’s easier, call us directly at 866-959-0988.
To stop receiving updates, press seven.

1 Like

Sept 17, UTC 00:50

Young, masculine, same script as “Sam” above.

Number: 855-909-0851

and

Sept 18, UTC 19:10

Tired woman. “… with an update on your files. Your loan file is nearly approved for up to $65,000 with either a 60 month term around $1217 a month. You also have a 36 month option. If you changed your mind, that’s fine (sounds so passive-aggressive). Your request can be withdrawn and you can always reapply later. But if you still need funding, we only have a couple quick details to confirm. And once that’s done we can send the docs right over. Press two now to connect.”

Number: 866-878-2488

1 Like