The rambling old-person bit is always good...But then there's Karen.

One of the bits I do when I’m wasting scammer’s time is I put on the Karen act.

I speak in a much more effeminate way and I berate the scammers for every little thing I can think of. You may want to watch some Karen videos online, read a few Karen stories on reddit and you’ll be able to act out a persona much easier. You may also want to do research on narcissism.

When I call refund scammers I use a polite, but annoyed tone of voice. And when they want me to download remote desktop software, I berate them for not just refunding me when I told them to and go on a long rant about how “pathetic and useless” they are. I insult them in the most hurtful ways I can and then I demand free stuff for the trouble.

If they don’t try to appease me instantly, I scream that I want to speak to their manager. And even though I know it won’t be the owner of the call center I talk to, I berate them too for “hiring such a lazy and incompetent employee” and ask really mean questions like “is that moron even literate?! he could barely understand me!”

it’s fun to fuck with them this way. They have to be polite to try to get you to cooperate.

2 Likes

ModderPaul does this a lot, along with fully reading every word of every screen. It’s hilarious.

2 Likes

You can also combine things. Like be annoyed but also be really confused about everything.

Making them repeat everything will eventually make them furious or hang up. It also is less tiring than rambling on yourself.

One thing that really annoys them is if you make fun of their English. Foreigners are really self conscious about their English skills. It comes off as kind of mean on stream since a lot of people speak English as a second language, so you don’t see it that much. I like to make fun of how scammers can barely say their fake name, like David sounds like Deybid.

I guess a lot depends if you’re going for time wasted or rage.

2 Likes

I’m really good at making myself sound like an old man. I just do an impression of this one old man I used to know and it fools them every time.

1 Like

I like messing with them on the way they pronounce the fake name, they will even try to pronounce it the way I tell them, and then after they s as y it two or three times I tell them how stupid they still are.