Tips for smuggling a RAT onto a scammer's PC?

Hey! I’m new here and I’m getting into scambaiting. I was wondering how I can get a RAT onto a scammer’s PC, and get them to run it? I’d imagine that these people have already fallen for the old “banking.txt.exe” trick, so what else can I do (and what RAT should I use?)

I’m curious too. Is there a good place to look for stuff like this on the clearweb even? I see some articles on the clearweb but usually a couple years old. Maybe that’s fine?

1 Like

Welcome to the community @madeline-xoxo @HighBlackWater

Try Github, it has all sorts of interesting goodies on there.
As for getting one onto a scammers pc, i would suggest having it on your VM an have it named something interesting so the scammer can’t help themselves and open it.
Or if you get a reverse AnyDesk connection, upload it to their pc and run it.
(You need to use a rat that isn’t detectable by their antivirus)

I know the basics, I’ve written my own RAT and it’s currently undetected by Windows Defender. How exactly can I reverse an AnyDesk connection? And I thought that naming it something interesting (and even by using tricks as seen at GitHub - henriksb/ExtensionSpoofer: Spoof file icons and extensions in Windows) were long known by scammers?

1 Like

I’d imagine scammers are vigilant and read these articles too. Maybe the dark web is the place to go for this sort of thing, though I have no idea where to even begin searching, since there’s not many good dot-onion search engines. I can’t imagine these scammers would go out of their way to download Tor just to search for scambaiters.

@madeline-xoxo
Sounds like you’ve got the Rat side of things taken care of. :+1:

Unfortunately I can’t go into detail about AnyDesk connections. I don’t think that is something that’s usually discussed on a open forum. :shushing_face:

As far as finding things on the dark web relating to scambaiting, i think that would be a nightmare. :cry:

1 Like