Wells fargo scam 10/17/23

So i got this call this morning and on the other end was someone claiming to b wells fargo. I dont have wells fargo and i have never given wells fargo my phone # so i no this is a scam

1 Like

If you don’t have any account with Wells Fargo I would say it’s most likely a scam.

2 Likes

About a year ago, I got a call from a spoof number from the Wells Fargo branch I had used many years ago.

The woman on the other end of the phone had all my account details, including my Social Security number. She had claimed my account had been compromised.

What first made me suspicious was that the phone call Dropped three times.

Eventually she asked me what my password was for my online banking account.

That’s when I told her to fuck off and hung up the phone. I immediately went to my local branch of Wells Fargo And canceled my debit card, my credit card, and my checking account.

My accountant suggested to me that it was an inside job which I believed because I asked the person on the phone about my latest charges and she had them in front of her.

When it comes to banking or anything to do with money I would say. TRUST NOBODY.

3 Likes

I could not agree more with you @Kid_Boca :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 46 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.