What we do matters

Notes like these are very encouraging to me.

For context, this lady got scammed by a pet scammer for $650. She posted about it on Facebook and a bot recommended Muzzy cybertech (https://techscammersunited.com/t/facebook-scammer-muzzycybertech/). She might have gotten scammed again if it weren’t for the negative review I posted on his page.

I am not tooting my own horn here. I am encouraging all of us to keep fighting. Some days it feels like we are losing. There are too many scams, too many scammers, and the people who have the power to really do something about it don’t seem to care. But simple things like negative reviews on scam pages and telling your loved ones about scammer tactics do help.

We see the big scambaiters save victims from time to time. It is likely your efforts, whatever they were, have saved others that you aren’t aware of.

So keep fighting. I am glad to be amongst the few taking the fight to the scammers. I am glad all are here and that this community exists. We are making a difference.

7 Likes

You are so right, Appreciate your input.

2 Likes

Every scam baiter along with anyone who fights scammers makes a difference. And a difference isn’t about big gains. It’s about marginal gains that eventually add up to a big gain. Hang in there, do what you do, and these scumbags will eventually be run out of business.

4 Likes

Another one: