How to make a VM with Virtualbox

Hello @ScammerRevolts, thank you for your service.

Question, is it safer to run my VirtualBox on a partition different from my main drive or does it matter?

It does not really matter

I keep trying Windows 7 it will say ISO but when I download it I cannot find the ISO. I have a windows 7 disc but I cannot use it on my laptop, so I don’t know what I am doing wrong, any suggestions would be great.

EDIT: Alright I feel really dumb, I have never used an ISO before and thought it was a zip file so I was unzipping it, I finally noticed it was an ISO and didn’t unzip it now it worked, sorry for wasting anyones time.

1 Like

does it need to be 32-bit or can i use 64-bit to install it?

1 Like

You can use either but if you do use 32bit, the os you install will also need to be 32bit. On 64bit you can have 32bit and 64bit operating systems installed on the VM.

oh okay thanks for the help!

1 Like

I feel the same, and many thanks. -sqrl

Is it possible to run windows 10 with virtual box while you have windows 10 installed in your original machine or computer ‘hope’ somebody understands me

1 Like

Yes it’s possible and for this tutorial everything should be the same but instead of a windows 7 ISO you replace it with a windows 10 one.

2 Likes

The reason why am saying all this is because win10 was slow and dispalying some errors like sorry try again oobe local

1 Like

Yes, you can do that. But it was laggy for me.

2 Likes

@OrangeGroupTech me too it’s laggy so I guess I have to use windows 7 or 8 but it’s quite rear to find iso for windows 7

1 Like

if you’re in a pinch, Microsoft provides free VMs with Win7-10 pre-installed for testing versions of IE/Edge at Microsoft Edge Developer website - Microsoft Edge Developer prepared for VirtualBox, VMware, and others. login passwords for the OSs are on the download page.

the caveat is that they expire 90 days after first use but even Microsoft recommends setting a snapshot before use so you can roll back to a fresh install and restart the timer

3 Likes

@KinCryos Thank you bro

I just download the ISOs from Softlay as it is frustrating to have to do so much things to get Windows Aero and I don’t like the default background (other than installing GAs)

@OrangeGroupTech drop the link

Windows 8.1:

I want to use it virtual box so it’s okay right… But did they combine all the versions together

** I Want to use it In virtual box**