ScammerRevolts - My scambait setup (New category!)

Well, I guess since I just added this category I mise well be the first to share my setup lol, this category is so people can share what they use when scambaiting, even if you only do it once in a while it’s still nice to share with the community what you use!

Here is a bit of an older image of my setup but it is still basically everything that I use now!

image0

For my hardware I use:
AT202 for my MIC
YAMAHA MG10XU for my mic interface
Samsung ultrawide 49inch for my monitor(It’s amazing omg)
My keyboard is a Logitech G915 and my mouse is a Logitech G502, both are wireless

PC specs:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM:
64GB
Motherboard:
MEG X570 ACE
Graphics:
EVGA 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
NVLINK
EVGA 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Storage:
1TB Western Digital
2TB Seagate
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB nvme
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB nvme
Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB

I also have 2 external 10TB drives.

For recording scammer calls I use OBS(Open broadcaster software).

For my VMs I like to use VMWare, I used to use Virtualbox for a very long time but after it corrupted all my VMs a few years back I moved to VMWare and have been happy ever since.

As for calling scammers, I use many different solutions such as self-hosted, text now, and google voice.

That’s pretty much everything I use daily for scambaiting! Looking forward to seeing your guy’s setups and what you all use to Scambait!

14 Likes

That’s awesome… I have just built my first pc and am trying to set it up, so thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I want to wait until I’m done with my build before I start diving deep into scambaiting. My laptop struggles as it is since it was more for just school work. I hope to get to know folks here who can help me learn all this stuff and start fighting back at these polished turds.

2 Likes

I was baiting for years with a acer aspire, it worked fine for calling SSA and gift card scammers. but it did struggle to run a VM. Bonus using a laptop is that I didnt need any extra programs for connect more than one scammer.
I havent figured this out yet on my new PC setup.

1 Like

Yeah but where’s the chicken?

4 Likes

Where’s the chicken @ScammerRevolts ? :eyes: :rooster: :chicken:

5 Likes

Hi Cyberfox. I don’t mean to be disrespectful or critical of you, but after watching videos on the holidays (so much fun), I disagree that these scummy scammers are “polished turds”. Hey wait, I only take exception to “polished”, They truly are smelly turds. Cheers mate.

that monitor looks so dope Pog :slight_smile:

#ScammerRevolts - how do you self host your phone? I use TextNow, and it’s great, but self hosted would be awesome!

theres some info on it in the getting started guide my dude :slight_smile:

1 Like