What to configure in my vm before the installation?

I have been thinking for a long time to set up a virtual machine so I can troll those little rats in India and I will be using windscribe free vpn as my vpn and textnow to call them up.
I also have a laptop connected to the internet though a wifi hotspot on my phone that connects with the help of a wireless usb wifi adapter.

The biggest issue for me though is getting a copy of windows 10 for my vm because I am broke at the moment and I am not sure if using older windows versions is such a good idea.

I currently use vmware player free but I am not sure what vmware network settings I should use on a scambaiting vm.

Its really up to you and how secure/complex you want it.

A secure setup would be something like:

ScamBait VM → [ Firewall (Block LAN access, allow internet via VPN) → VPN ]-----> SCAMMERS

This could be achieved via a single linux VM + iptables + free vpn.
Here is a quick example.

Also windows 10 can be activated for free easily How To Activate Windows 10 Without Any Software For FREE (EASY WAY) - YouTube

1 Like

Win7 as the bait machine is fine.

That YouTube video has a suspicious link to a text file supposedly containing activation keys. NoScript shows that one page running JavaScript from dozens of sites, and it sends me to a download of an exe. Have any of you actually downloaded that textfile with Win10 license keys?

I’m pretty sure Microsoft automatically disables any license key that’s used from too many IP addresses.

This is where that link sent me.

1 Like

Thanks! Did it ever give you a text file with license keys? Did any of the license keys work? I feel like most of these offers of license keys are scams to get people to either execute dodgy binaries or sign up for dodgy services.

Nope. As soon as I saw that I stopped

I think you downloaded a virus from the link “shrinkearn” page; use uBlock Origin… I have mirrored the text file here:
https://0bin.net/paste/IhDW2KU3tx4BJ0X9#JSrE15nsG8esmSo9TqFzKPUcRbYQkQZcIllt8U7n0P8

No, no virus, just a bad redirect from the shortened URL. That text file has some security concerns in the CMD part. It’s essentially asking you to get your Key Management Service from a Chinese website. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

Ah OK… Shrink Earn is pretty bad at ad-spam ¬_¬
Personally, I’d just use KMS Pico :wink: