How to make a VM with VMware Workstation pro 15!

windows
vm
tutorial
vmware
scambait

So I originally wrote my How to make a VM with Virtualbox post 2 years ago and never did a VMware version and I think it’s about time for me to make one!

What you will need:

1. VMware - https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-pro/workstation-pro-evaluation.html
  2. Windows 7 Iso - http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-all-in-one-32-64-bit-jan-2019-free-download-3920792/
  3. Some time lol
  • For the VMware install you just have to go through the typical setup and don’t have to make any changes in the installer.

• Once you get VMware installed you will get a page that looks like this:

You just need to click the “Create a new Virtual Machine” button to get started!

• A msg will come up asking if you want to do “typical” or “custom”, For this tutorial, we are just going to go with they “typical” option.

• Next, you will get a few options for the install of the operating system, for this just choose the “I will install the operating system later.” option.

• For your operating system choose “Microsoft Windows” and then for the version choose “Windows 7 x64”, That should look like this here:

• For the name, you can put whatever you want. This is the same case for the location, Put it wherever you want or just leave it as default.

• For the hard disk I recommend, 60 - 100 for a scambait VM for it doesn’t look un-legit to a Tech support scammer. Then choose “Split virtual disk into multiple files”.

• After that VMWare will choose the rest of the hardware options itself and now you just need to click “finish”.

• Now your VM will popup BUT WAIT! we are not done yet, We still need to mount the ISO we downloaded at the start of this tutorial.

• Click on “Edit virtual machine settings” as seen here:

• Then select “CD/DVD (SATA)”

• On the right side, a few things will show up. Select “use ISO image file” then click “Browse”

• A windows file explorer will come up[ and now you will need to go to the directory where you saved your ISO files at and select it. Then just click “okay” when done.

• Now just click “Power on this virtual machine” and boom you are good and it should start the Windows 7 installer! From then on you just install as if you were on a normal computer!

If you liked the tutorial check out my VirtualBox tutorial here!: How to make a VM with Virtualbox

Be sure to follow my twitter @ScammerRevolts for website, Video and other updates!

:heart: